Matterhorn FOCUS Design Hotel Zermatt
View of the Matterhorn and design combined with lifestyle
Welcome to the somewhat different 4 Star Superior Hotel, where design merges lifestyle and architecture with nature. With us, you will spend an unforgettable time at the foot of the majestic Matterhorn. The bed and breakfast hotel Matterhorn FOCUS is situated in a unique location, directly beside the "Matterhorn glacier paradise" valley station. If you would like to hike and ski to your heart's content, this is the ideal starting point for you. In addition, you can reach the village center on foot in barely 10 minutes.
Reside with style
All areas of the Superior Hotel are shaped by the creative design of Heinz Julen. The renowned architect from Zermatt has designed sofas, lights, beds and other furniture for the Hotel Matterhorn FOCUS. In the individually furnished double and family rooms, as also in the generous suites, you can sense the attention to detail. A total of 30 rooms are spread across three houses (A, B and C) and are connected with each other. Children up to 9 years stay with us free of charge in the parents room and in summer dogs are welcome in House C*.
An indulgent balanced breakfast prepares you for the day. After an energetic day of hiking or skiing, you can relax in the luxurious spa area. Warm loungers, sauna, steam bath, saltwater pool and the heated indoor swimming pool with outdoor Jacuzzi will give you new energy.
Do you fancy an afternoon tea or an aperitif? While the fireplace crackles, truly relax in the cozy lounge - or surf the Internet. Wi-Fi is available free of charge. For dinner in the evening, we will be happy to reserve you a table at one of the restaurants in Zermatt.
* Dogs are only allowed in House C and during summer season. They have no access to the breakfast room and the spa area - we thank you for your understanding.
Host and team
Where hospitality is vibrant.
Christian Noti and Patrizia Gasser run the hotel, which was built in 2008 by the Noti family. Our experienced, valued staff embody and shape the philosophy of honest hospitality. You can always be sure of personal and attentive service.
Warmth and style mean a lot to us, so you will feel well looked after as a guest at the Hotel Matterhorn FOCUS. Day in day out we are committed to your well-being. The fact that guests come back year after year to spend their holidays in our hotel in Zermatt, is the nicest compliment for us!
Google Maps Tour
Discover the fascinating insights and perspectives of our Design Hotel.
What is happening right now on the summits of Zermatt? Take a look on the webcam ...
Renovation house C
New as from September 2019
Breath-taking view to the Matterhorn with frameless glazing and two new Suites!
We are thrilled to announce that we are renovating our Chalet-house C from May to August 2019. Its rooms will be optically bigger and brighter for a limitless space experience full of light, air and breath-taking Matterhorn and Mountain View. Due to the new roof and the change of the façade, the house C will be optically adapted to the houses A and B. All bathrooms in be completely renovated and our high-light are two new Suites with free-standing bathtubs.
The reconstruction is to the side of houses A + B. The Matterhorn view is not affected by all room balconies and the hotel terrace. At day time on weekdays there might as well be a slight increase in decibels during the conversion. But no reason for concern! We will try our absolute best to keep it down to its lightest.
Of course, all hotel services and public areas such as the breakfast room, lounge, terraces and wellness area are available to you during normal opening hours and are not restricted by the conversion.
Focus on your protection – This is our contribution
We focus on your personal safety and that of our employees.
In accordance with the recommendations and requirements of the FOPH (Federal Office of Public Health) we have defined our protection concept.
We ask you to follow the hygiene measures and to keep the social distance.
If you show corona symptoms before, while and/or after your stay, please inform us immediately.
Hotels, mountain railways, restaurants and shops
Certificate COVID and masks
According to the decision of the Swiss Federal Council, all pandemic restrictions have been lifted as from April 1, 2022
This includes the mask requirement in public transport (mountain railways, trains and buses).
Entering and leaving Switzerland:
Most restrictions have been lifted. However, inform yourself in your country of origin about any entry restrictions to Switzerland or any return travel regulations.
We wish you a pleasant and carefree stay.
Your Matterhorn Focus Team
State: Summer 2022
The federal office of public health FOPH: Situation in Switzerland
The federal office of public health FOPH: Entry requirements to Switzerland
The federal office of public health FOPH: Travelcheck
Tourist information: Current situation in Zermatt and Test Center Zermatt
Cable car company Zermatt Bergbahnen AG: Protective Measures
We are part of the Switzerland Tourism campaign: Clean & Safe
- Disinfection stations at various locations throughout the hotel area
- Distance markings in the lobby and Plexiglas panel at the reception and in the spa
- Regular disinfection of all door handles, operating buttons, railings, counters, often touched surfaces, etc.
- Protective masks and gloves are available
- Regular training of our employees on the hygienic standards
- Our porter will gladly pick you up at the train station/taxi stand (8.00-19.00 hrs).
- Please let us know your arrival time in advance.
- Inquire in your country of origin about any entry restrictions to Switzerland
- Arrival by car - recommendation: Online booking of the parking space
Elevator main entrance
- Please respect social distance. As an alternative, you can use our hotel entrance "Winkelmatten".
- Markings define the running direction at the buffet
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, masks, gloves and individual serving cutlery are available
- Keep the appropriate physical distance
- Breakfast in the room can be ordered the night before
- Restaurants, (hotel-)bars and clubs are open. The certificate requirement is removed.
- Please respect the social distance and protection concepts
- The rooms are thoroughly disinfected before arrival.
- Key cards are disinfected before each check-in.
- Digital guest information on our hotel web app tweebie
Pool and spa area
- The pool and spa area is open
- There are acrylic glass protective walls between the loungers in the pool area
- A maximum of 2 persons are allowed in the sauna, steam bath and salt bath
- The pool and spa area is regularly disinfected and has an ozonos aircleaner
- The wellness area is exclusively available to hotel guests.
Check-out / Departure
- if possible please pay contactless
- please inform us about your desired departure time to guarantee a smooth process