Matterhorn FOCUS Design Hotel Zermatt
View of the Matterhorn and design combined with lifestyle
Welcome to the somewhat different 4 Star Superior Hotel, where design merges lifestyle and architecture with nature. With us, you will spend an unforgettable time at the foot of the majestic Matterhorn. The bed and breakfast hotel Matterhorn FOCUS is situated in a unique location, directly beside the "Matterhorn Express" valley station. If you would like to hike and ski to your heart's content, this is the ideal starting point for you. In addition you can reach the village centre on foot in barely 10 minutes.
Reside with style
All areas of the Superior Hotel are shaped by the creative design of Heinz Julen. The renowned architect from Zermatt has designed sofas, lights, beds and other furniture for the Hotel Matterhorn FOCUS. In the individually furnished double and family rooms, as also in the generous suites, you can sense the attention to detail. The total of 30 rooms are spread across two houses (A and B) and a chalet house (C) that are connected with each other. Children up to 9 years stay with us free of charge in the parents room and dogs are welcome in House C*.
An indulgent balanced breakfast prepares you for the day. After an energetic day of hiking or skiing, you can relax in the luxurious spa area. Warm loungers, sauna, steam bath, saltwater pool and the heated indoor swimming pool with outdoor Jacuzzi will give you new energy.
Do you fancy an afternoon tea or an aperitif? While the fireplace crackles, truly relax in the cosy lounge - or surf the Internet. Wi-Fi is available free of charge. For dinner in the evening we will be happy to reserve you a table at one of the restaurants in Zermatt.
* Dogs are only allowed in House C and have no access to the breakfast room and the spa area - we thank you for your understanding.
Host and team
Where hospitality is vibrant.
Christian Noti and Patrizia Gasser run the hotel, which was built in 2008 by the Noti family. Our experienced, valued staff embody and shape the philosophy of honest hospitality. You can always be sure of personal and attentive service.
Warmth and style mean a lot to us, so you will feel well looked after as a guest at the Hotel Matterhorn FOCUS. Day in day out we are committed to your well-being. The fact that guests come back year after year to spend their holidays in our hotel in Zermatt, is the nicest compliment for us!
Renovation house C
New as from September 2019
Breath-taking view to the Matterhorn with frameless glazing and two new Suites!
We are thrilled to announce that we are renovating our Chalet-house C from May to August 2019. Its rooms will be optically bigger and brighter for a limitless space experience full of light, air and breath-taking Matterhorn and Mountain View. Due to the new roof and the change of the façade, the house C will be optically adapted to the houses A and B. All bathrooms in be completely renovated and our high-light are two new Suites with free-standing bathtubs.
The reconstruction is to the side of houses A + B. The Matterhorn view is not affected by all room balconies and the hotel terrace. At day time on weekdays there might as well be a slight increase in decibels during the conversion. But no reason for concern! We will try our absolute best to keep it down to its lightest.
Of course, all hotel services and public areas such as the breakfast room, lounge, terraces and wellness area are available to you during normal opening hours and are not restricted by the conversion.
Focus on your protection – This is our contribution
We focus on your personal safety and that of our employees.
In accordance with the recommendations and requirements of the FOPH (Federal Office of Public Health) we have defined our protection concept.
We ask you to follow the hygiene measures and to keep the social distance.
If you show corona symptoms before, while and/or after your stay, please inform us.
The ski area of Zermatt is open until further notice. Masks are compulsory everywhere.
Masks are also compulsory in the most frequented streets of Zermatt.
Due to the regulations of the Swiss Federal Council, all restaurants, bars and shops are closed until End of February 2021.
As a "bed & breakfast" Hotel we were allowed to conclude a contract with a partner restaurant. A reservation
for lunch or dinner is only possible through us and in advance.
Alternatively, some restaurants offer home delivery.
We wish you a pleasant and carefree stay.
Your Focus Team
State: January 2021
The federal office of public health FOPH: Situation in Switzerland
Tourist information: Current situation in Zermatt
Cable car company Zermatt Bergbahnen AG: Protective Measures
We are part of the Switzerland Tourism campaign: Clean & Safe
- Masks are compulsory in the entire hotel area (with the exception of guest rooms)
- Regular training of our employees on the protection concept
- Disinfection stations at various locations throughout the hotel area
- Distance markings in the lobby and Plexiglas panel at the reception
- Regular disinfection of all door handles, operating buttons, railings, counters, often touched surfaces, etc.
- Protective masks and gloves are available
- Our porter will gladly pick you up at the train station/taxi stand (8.00-19.00 hrs).
- Please let us know your arrival time in advance.
- Waiting times may occur due to protective measures.
- In our electric car and in the hotel, wearing a mask is compulsory.
Use of elevator
- only one family / person in the same room at a time, as an alternative you can use our hotel entrance Winkelmatten.
- The tables are arranged in the prescribed distance
- Hand sanitizer dispensers at the buffet
- Markings define the running direction at the buffet and must be observed
- Keep the appropriate physical distance
- Mask and gloves are available
- Individual serving cutlery on every table
- salt, pepper, sugar, sweetening, toothpicks on request
- Breakfast in the room can be ordered the night before
- The rooms are thoroughly disinfected before arrival.
- Key cards are disinfected before each check-in.
- Digital guest information on our hotel app tweebie
Pool and spa area
- The pool and spa area can be used in accordance with the rules of distance
- Masks must be worn in Wellness & Spa (except in pool, sauna, steam bath)
- There are acrylic glass protective walls between the loungers in the pool area
- A maximum of 2 persons are allowed in the sauna, steam bath and salt bath
- The pool and spa area is disinfected several times a day
- The wellness area is exclusively available to hotel guests.
- Massage staff also wear hygiene masks.
Check-out / Arrival
- if possible please pay contactless
- please inform us about your desired departure time to guarantee a smooth process