Focus on your protection – This is our contribution
We focus on your personal safety and that of our employees.
In accordance with the recommendations and requirements of the FOPH (Federal Office of Public Health) we have defined our protection concept.
We ask you to follow the hygiene measures and to keep the social distance.
If you show corona symptoms before, while and/or after your stay, please inform us immediately.
Hotels, mountain railways, restaurants and shops
Certificate COVID and masks
According to the decision of the Swiss Federal Council, all pandemic restrictions have been lifted as from April 1, 2022
This includes the mask requirement in public transport (mountain railways, trains and buses).
Entering and leaving Switzerland:
Most restrictions have been lifted. However, inform yourself in your country of origin about any entry restrictions to Switzerland or any return travel regulations.
We wish you a pleasant and carefree stay.
Your Matterhorn Focus Team
State: Summer 2022
The federal office of public health FOPH: Situation in Switzerland
The federal office of public health FOPH: Entry requirements to Switzerland
The federal office of public health FOPH: Travelcheck
Tourist information: Current situation in Zermatt and Test Center Zermatt
Cable car company Zermatt Bergbahnen AG: Protective Measures
We are part of the Switzerland Tourism campaign: Clean & Safe
- Disinfection stations at various locations throughout the hotel area
- Distance markings in the lobby and Plexiglas panel at the reception and in the spa
- Regular disinfection of all door handles, operating buttons, railings, counters, often touched surfaces, etc.
- Protective masks and gloves are available
- Regular training of our employees on the hygienic standards
- Our porter will gladly pick you up at the train station/taxi stand (8.00-19.00 hrs).
- Please let us know your arrival time in advance.
- Inquire in your country of origin about any entry restrictions to Switzerland
- Arrival by car - recommendation: Online booking of the parking space
Elevator main entrance
- Please respect social distance. As an alternative, you can use our hotel entrance "Winkelmatten".
- Markings define the running direction at the buffet
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, masks, gloves and individual serving cutlery are available
- Keep the appropriate physical distance
- Breakfast in the room can be ordered the night before
- Restaurants, (hotel-)bars and clubs are open. The certificate requirement is removed.
- Please respect the social distance and protection concepts
- The rooms are thoroughly disinfected before arrival.
- Key cards are disinfected before each check-in.
- Digital guest information on our hotel web app tweebie
Pool and spa area
- The pool and spa area is open
- There are acrylic glass protective walls between the loungers in the pool area
- A maximum of 2 persons are allowed in the sauna, steam bath and salt bath
- The pool and spa area is regularly disinfected and has an ozonos aircleaner
- The wellness area is exclusively available to hotel guests.
Check-out / Departure
- if possible please pay contactless
- please inform us about your desired departure time to guarantee a smooth process